Microsoft Office 2016 - Unmistakably Office, designed for Mac. The new versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and OneNote provide the best of both worlds for Mac users - the familiar Office experience paired with the best of Mac. If you already use Office on a PC or iPad, you will find yourself right at home in Office 2016 for Mac. The OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 update improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, and is recommended for all users. This update: Improves compatibility with certain email servers when using Mail. Fixes an issue in Photos that prevented importing videos from GoPro cameras.
This content has been archived, and is no longer maintained by Indiana University. Information here may no longer be accurate, and links may no longer be available or reliable.
Microsoft Office contains Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Office 2016 is available via Microsoft Office 365.
Microsoft Office For Mac Os X Yosemite 10.10 5th
Office 2011 is still available to students, faculty, and staff via IUware.
To use Office 2016 with Mac OS X, you must be running Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) or later. For Office 2011, you must have:
- OS X version 10.5.8 or later
- 1 GB or more of RAM
- 2.5 GB of available hard disk space
- An Intel processor
- A DVD drive or connection to a local area network (if installing over a network), or an internet connection (if downloading from IUware)
- HFS+ hard disk format (also known as Mac OS Extended or HFS Plus)
- 1280 x 800 or higher resolution monitor
- Safari 5 or later (recommended)